you have made my lot secure.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance."
Psalm 16:5-6
Orientation today was a bit on the boring side -- presentations and more powerpoints. We had our first tour though, which was great after sitting in the auditorium all day.. but at least 3/4 of the stuff our tour guide said went right over my head. All the first-time interns are going through this orientation week though, so we should be bonded fairly well by the end of the week. I think there were about 10 of us who went shoe shopping together after work, since we all needed to buy steel-toed shoes with metatarsals for tomorrow's tours and for the rest of the summer. Man, these women's shoes look pretty... eh. The guys got lucky; their shoes look like normal nice brown dress shoes. Ours have a giant plate on the top that ruins any chance of us ever wearing these shoes outside of a work plant environment. The shoes also cost $120 -- $70 coming out of our paycheck.
We had a group go out for dinner together at a bbq place.. and afterwards, the guys I rode with decided to take some detours and check out other JD facilities. We spent an hour and a half driving around town, looking for buildings, getting lost, finding weird signs and getting more lost.. but generally just exploring around. It was definitely one of those times when I felt like it was so much easier to hang out with guys than girls.
I'm looking forward to this summer more and more.
No comments:
Post a Comment